Claritas Genomics seeks a Director of Molecular Diagnostics to contribute to its mission of providing world class clinical genomic information to patients and providers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for clinical oversight of Molecular Diagnostic Services for our full-service pediatric molecular diagnostics company. We seek a skilled Clinical or Molecular Geneticist to lead the clinical team in delivery of the next-generation of molecular diagnostics. This includes facilitating novel approaches to clinical interpretation and reporting of genomic information to make a difference in pediatric patient’s medical care. In addition, the Director interacts with external clinical and scientific leaders, patient advocacy groups, payers and regulatory agencies to promote adoption and reimbursement for our company’s cutting edge molecular diagnostic products.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provides hands on leadership to the clinical team for the successful execution of clinical product launches including interpretation and reporting, case review and issue resolution
- Works with the laboratory manager and other leadership staff to ensure appropriate resources are available to support high quality laboratory services, including financial management, recruiting, information systems and quality programs
- Remains informed of developments in the medical and genetics communities and incorporates new knowledge into our services.
- Establishes relationships with graduate medical education programs to participate in fellowship programs
- Maintains an environment of clinical excellence and accountability of the medical directors and genetic counselors striving for highest quality reporting to clients and continuous improvement for clinical reporting.
- MD/PhD with Board Certification as a Medical/Clinical Geneticist able to meet CLIA and NYS requirements for a site director of a Molecular Diagnostic laboratory with minimum of five years’ experience related to genomic/molecular science in a clinical setting
- Significant experience with common bioinformatics tools and databases for analysis of next generation sequencing results and application of those results to rare disease variant interpretation.
- General familiarity with regulatory requirements of clinical molecular diagnostics, including CLIA, ISO, GLP and HIPPA
- Experience in effectively leading multidisciplinary teams and managing staff performance in relationship to the company mission
- Possesses a decisive decision making and efficient management style
- Ability to work with individuals across organizations and from various disciplines demonstrating an understanding of their diverse needs
- Ability to communicate effectively both in strategic and technical presentations, written documentation and technical reports
- Willingness to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment bringing passion, energy, and urgency to delivering the highest quality clinical solutions
About Claritas Genomics
Claritas Genomics is a CLIA-certified genetic diagnostic testing company combining the power of genetic analysis technology with the clinical expertise of the world’s best pediatric specialists to inform and improve patient care. Claritas offers a range of services taking the guesswork out of test ordering and supports clinicians as they navigate an increasingly complex landscape of genetic diagnostics. Our interpretive services are based on the most up to date and reliable findings and our reports are designed to clearly communicate this complex information. Originally Boston Children’s Hospital’s CLIA-certified molecular testing laboratory, and launched as an independent CLIA laboratory in February 2013, we have comprehensive tests with new next-generation sequencing-based services being added to our menu on a regular basis.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org