Claritas Genomics seeks a full-time Board Certified/Board eligible Genetic Counselor to contribute to its mission of providing world class clinical genomic information to patients and providers.
The successful candidate will join our clinical team providing full-service pediatric, next-generation molecular diagnostics services.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Apply expertise towards genomic variant classification and interpretation; put into the context of relevance to human genetic disorders
- Work collaboratively with the other members of the clinical team to ensure timely and accurate result return to our clients
- Support consistent and rigorous variant interpretation practices and work with other teams and group leaders to support ongoing efficiency opportunities
- Engage with healthcare providers for the purpose of obtaining relevant case information and communication of complex clinical information
- Assist healthcare providers in selecting tests that are clinically appropriate in a cost-conscious manner
- Participate in education to the genetics community, and/or in publications and presentations at scientific meetings in order to support company initiatives as appropriate or as requested
- MS from an accredited genetic counseling program
- ABGC/ABMG board certification or ABGC active candidate status
- Massachusetts genetic counselor license (or eligibility)
- In depth knowledge of molecular genetics and evaluation of variants for their relationship to human disease
- Ability to thoroughly and accurately evaluate scientific literature
- Familiarity with variant databases, genome browsers, and HGVS nomenclature
- Experience in a clinical genetics laboratory and/or pediatric clinical setting
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate, by phone and in person, with healthcare providers
- High attention to detail, ability to multi-task and adapt to change
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- Process and efficiency oriented
About Claritas Genomics
Claritas Genomics is a CLIA-certified genetic diagnostic testing company combining the power of genetic analysis technology with the clinical expertise of the world’s best pediatric specialists to inform and improve patient care. Claritas offers a range of services taking the guesswork out of test ordering and supports clinicians as they navigate an increasingly complex landscape of genetic diagnostics. Our interpretive services are based on the most up to date and reliable findings and our reports are designed to clearly communicate this complex information. Originally Boston Children’s Hospital’s CLIA-certified molecular testing laboratory, and launched as an independent CLIA laboratory in February 2013, we have comprehensive tests with new next-generation sequencing-based services being added to our menu on a regular basis.
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com