Claritas Genomics is seeking a motivated Bioinformatics QA Scientist/Engineer to help accelerate next-generation sequencing (NGS) into clinical diagnostics. The candidate will develop, execute and document testing for bioinformatics and clinical reporting software tools used in the evaluation and interpretation of clinical genetic data in a CLIA diagnostic laboratory.
As a member of the Informatics Team, the candidate will:
- Develop, execute, and evaluate software tests for NGS analysis and interpretation pipelines used in clinical and research applications.
- Design, create, and run test automation tools and harnesses.
- Test bioinformatic algorithms, procedures, lab processes, data outputs, and web UI’s.
- Write requirements and specifications for tests, including anticipated problems.
- Design and implement test cases in a rapid prototyping environment with minimal supervision.
- Document findings, analyses and summary recommendations.
- Troubleshoot problems and evaluate potential solutions, guiding the development teams.
- Log, verify and track issues in an issue tracking system.
- Lead efforts to enhance and streamline the testing process.
- Develop automated scripts as needed to support the development process.
- BS/MS Degree in Bioinformatics, Biology, Computer Science/Engineering, or related technical discipline.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 1-5 years of software QA experience
- Good understanding of molecular genetics and genomics fundamentals
- Experience with software QA in a regulated development environment
- Hands-on experience with test plans for white/black box testing: creating test plans and test cases
- Good understanding of verification and validation methods in web based technologies and Agile environments
- Understanding of RDBMS fundamentals and working knowledge of SQL
- Solid experience with shell scripting; Python or Perl experience preferred
- Ability to investigate and resolve software issues involving Bio-analytical, Bioinformatics data
- Ability to test data-intensive, calculation-rich software applications
- Ability to maintain flexibility with respect to project work and environment
- Ability to work independently and report project status to management as required
- Ability to communicate clearly with wide range of individuals from various technical backgrounds and corporate levels
- Strong, creative problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please send résumés to [email protected]