The Business Development Manager is responsible for selling, promoting and partnering research sequencing service projects for a variety of clients, including those in academia, government and industry. The BDM will bring in new business both by building relationships with new clients and actively maintaining long-term relationships with current clients. The individual will have flexibility to craft partnerships with clients in individualized ways to ensure that research sequencing service projects enable clients to achieve their research goals. This exciting role represents the nexus between external researchers clients, academic scientific and clinical partners and the Claritas community, and is a key enabler of both discovery and translation of new discoveries into clinical practice. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a passion for the mission of enabling research discoveries in genomics that will improve healthcare.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent Claritas Genomics externally, sharing our passion for the positive impact of genomics on research discovery and healthcare with the client community.
- Develop partnering strategies and plans to bring in new projects and increase revenues, working closely with the Chief Business Officer.
- Develop target client lists, implement outreach and drive deals to close.
- Contribute to the development and ongoing updating of marketing materials, bringing feedback from direct client interactions.
- Structure partnerships and projects creatively to meet clients’ specific research needs and goals
- Prepare and negotiate contracts for sequencing projects (with support from colleagues in other departments, e.g. finance and legal).
- Ensure that projects are successful by working closely with both the client and the internal teams within Claritas.
- Maintain contact with clients to monitor their satisfaction with services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology or related science field, with advanced degree preferred.
- 3-5 years in a business development or a related field such as technology transfer, licensing or alliance management in industry or academia, including demonstration of the following skills:
- Customer service
- Preparing and presenting complex information to a variety of audiences
- Integrating information into proposals for consideration by potential clients
- Ability to work well with others in an integrated and highly collaborative team environment.
Ideal candidates will also have:
- Previous laboratory experience with DNA sequencing.
- Experience closing deals with pharmaceutical companies.
- Understanding of Next Generation Sequencing technology.
Please send résumés to [email protected]