Claritas Genomics seeks a full-time Board Certified Medical/Laboratory Director, Clinical Molecular Genetics to contribute to its mission of providing world class clinical genomic information to patients and providers.
The successful candidate will join our clinical team responsible for case review and sign-out for our full-service pediatric, next-generation molecular diagnostics services.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Review, interpret and sign out patient results with the highest possible accuracy and quality
- Work collaboratively with the other members of the clinical team to ensure timely and accurate result reporting
- Engage with healthcare providers for the purpose of obtaining relevant case information and communication of complex clinical results
- Provide clinical and technical expertise to support new initiatives and issue resolution
- Work effectively with other teams and group leaders to support ongoing efficiency opportunities
- M.D. or Ph.D. in a biological science
- ABMG board-certified Clinical Molecular Geneticist, or ABP board-certified Molecular Genetic Pathologist
- General familiarity with regulatory requirements of clinical molecular diagnostics, including CLIA, GLP and HIPAA
- 2 years of experience working in a Clinical Molecular Genetics Laboratory as a Medical/Laboratory Director
- New York State Certificate of Qualification in Genetic Testing
- Previous experience working with Next Generation Sequencing Platforms and exome sequencing
- Previous experience using tools and databases for analysis of next generation sequencing results and application of those results to rare disease variant interpretation.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate, by phone and in person, with physicians and healthcare providers
- High attention to detail, ability to multi-task and adapt to change
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment
- Process and efficiency oriented
About Claritas Genomics
Claritas Genomics is a CLIA-certified genetic diagnostic testing company combining the power of genetic analysis technology with the clinical expertise of the world’s best pediatric specialists to inform and improve patient care. Claritas offers a range of services taking the guesswork out of test ordering and supports clinicians as they navigate an increasingly complex landscape of genetic diagnostics. Our interpretive services are based on the most up to date and reliable findings and our reports are designed to clearly communicate this complex information. Originally Boston Children’s Hospital’s CLIA-certified molecular testing laboratory, and launched as an independent CLIA laboratory in February 2013, we have comprehensive tests with new next-generation sequencing-based services being added to our menu on a regular basis.
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org