Software Engineer (senior and junior)
Exceptionally talented senior engineers needed to create software that helps identify disease-causing genetic variation. Our software will guide diagnosis and treatment for individual kids, and help generate new insights into Autism, Muscular Dystrophy, and other conditions. You’ll work closely with experts from Boston Children’s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, and elsewhere to help find the meaning in vast quantities of genetic data.
We are looking for serious, quality-focused software engineers with an interest in big data and cloud computing. We offer a chance to own a big piece of an important problem. No prior knowledge of genetics is required, but you must be willing to learn enough for effective collaboration. A background in applied math, biology, or informatics is a plus.
You must be a very strong Java, Python, C++, or Golang hacker, with a deep commitment to quality. We need someone who loves writing great code and building extraordinary products. A very strong academic record in CS and commercial software development experience is a big plus.
- Produce code that is clean, concise and well documented
- Write automated tests to ensure that code is correct
- Collaborate with team members from within engineering and across disciplines
- Fulfills all other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
- Very strong programming skills in Java, Python, C++, C#, or Golang
- Ability to design and implement independent modules of moderate to high complexity
- A deep commitment to quality and thorough understanding of test frameworks like JUnit
- Solid Unix/Linux/OSX skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skill
- Ability to work effectively as a part of a team
- A strong academic record in CS
- Experience with Github or other version control software
- Commercial software development experience
- Experience with Spring/Spring MVC
- A background in applied math, biology, statistics, machine-learning or informatics
- Deep understanding of relational and column-oriented databases
- Interest/Experience in cloud computing and big-data applications
- Full-time experience level of 2-5 years (junior position) or 5-10 years (senior position)
Please send resume to [email protected]