Claritas genomics is seeking a motivated Clinical Molecular Technologist to perform complex molecular diagnostic testing. The candidate will work independently and with other technologists to complete high quality molecular testing and analysis using multiple technology platforms such as MLPA, Sanger Sequencing and Next Generation Sequencing. Routine blood extractions and tissue culture may also be performed by this candidate. This candidate will write and review SOPs and other documents related to their work.
As a member of the Clinical Laboratory team, the candidate will:
- Perform complex molecular genetics testing at a high level of quality within established timeframes
- Complete results analysis within established timeframes.
- Assist with general laboratory support including supply inventory, cleaning, calibrating and monitoring equipment.
- Partner with technical supervisor to troubleshoot procedures.
- Demonstrate effective communication with peers and colleagues.
- Assists with general laboratory support including performing preventative maintenance on equipment, inventory and ordering, temperature monitoring and quality control procedures.
- Participate in the training of other technologists at the direction of the lab manager.
- Maintain a clean and organized work space.
- Review and revise SOPs as needed or as requested by lab manager.
- Maintain a positive attitude when faced with challenges.
- Follow established safety protocols at all times.
- Take on independent projects and tasks beyond routine work, at the discretion of the lab manager.
Degree in Medical Technology or a BS in Biology or other related life science
ASCP Certification in Molecular Biology preferred
- Must have a minimum of 1-3 years of laboratory experience with at least one of these years handling human specimens.
- Strong foundations in molecular biology principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Work successfully in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Prior experience in regulated laboratory environment (e.g. CLIA, FDA-QSR, ISO) is preferred.
- Prior experience with NGS and human genetics is a plus.
Please send resume to [email protected]