Help Claritas realize its mission to become a world leader in the sequencing and analysis of pediatric genomic data, helping doctors, clinicians and researchers improve the lives of children and their parents. Youll work closely with experts from Boston Childrens Hospital, Harvard Medical School and other institutions, helping to find the meaning in vast quantities of genetic data by designing and writing software to process and manage that data.
Our team provides excellent mentoring and growth opportunities, using state-of-the-art technologies. We offer an extraordinary chance to own a big piece of an important problem. No prior knowledge of genetics is required, but you must be curious and excited about learning this rich and fascinating domain. A background in applied math, biology, or informatics is a plus.
- Work with CIO and developers on a wide variety of tasks; actively participate in architecture, design, and code reviews.
- Write automated tests to ensure that code is correct and that user functionality works as expected
- Provide technical leadership to the team; mentor junior team members
- Provide estimates and participate in planning of Agile sprints.
- Collaborate with team members from within engineering and across disciplines (bioinformatics, laboratory sciences and IT).
Required Skills and Experience:
- Baccalaureate degree in computer science, mathematics, or related discipline; advanced degree a strong plus.
- At least 5 years of experience delivering quality software in a production environment, with experience in commercial software product development preferred
- Strong programming skills in Java, Python, or Ruby, with at least 5 years of production development experience in at least one of those languages
- Ability to design and implement independent modules of moderate to high complexity
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic Agile environment
- A deep commitment to quality and thorough understanding of test frameworks like JUnit and the devops philosophy of full lifecycle deployment and deployment
- Solid Unix/Linux/OSX skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills and problem-solving ability
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively as a part of a team
- Experience with Github or other version control software
- User-centric, customer-centric mindset
- MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Experience modeling complex data in both relational databases and NoSql databases
- Exposure to bioinformatics and tools for processing BAM and VCF formatted data
- Experience with Continuous Delivery
- Experience with SCRUM or other agile methodologies
- Ability to transfer user requirements into production code using prototyping, iterative design, and your design and implementation skills
- Big Data experience (NoSQL, Hadoop, etc.)
- Prototyping with Balsamiq
Please send resume to [email protected]