Help Claritas realize its mission to become a world leader in the sequencing and analysis of pediatric genomic data, helping doctors, clinicians and researchers improve the lives of children and their parents. Youll work closely with experts from Boston Childrens Hospital, Harvard Medical School and elsewhere, to help find the meaning in vast quantities of genetic data by supporting the development of software to process and manage that data.
We offer a chance to be part of the solution of an important problem. While no previous experience with software in a healthcare environment or knowledge of genetics is required, the willingness to learn enough contextual information is required for effective collaboration.
- Manage AWS environments, including creating new instances, setting up instruments on AWS direct connect, creating dev, staging and production environments. Manage security and software updates, AMIs, access, and change control.
- Automate configuration management (using Docker/Puppet/Chef/Vagrant/AWS Cloud Formation configurations) and deployments (dev to staging to production)
- Manage and coordinate software release process in AWS and on clinical lab instruments. Maintain databases.
- Design and set up automated monitoring of production software.
- Troubleshoot production software issues.
- Design, set up, and write scripts for automated acceptance test framework.
- Manage continuous build server.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong Unix/Linux knowledge of system, shell, and platform tools
- Experience in system, database, and application tools installation and maintenance
- AWS services experience and competence for S3, EC2, VPC using console and standard tools
- Competent programming skills in at least one of (Python, Java, Groovy, Ruby) plus shell scripting. Perl is not a preferred language.
- Competence with deployment automation script creation and usage with AWS and various container environments (e.g., Docker, Puppet, Chef, Vagrant, AWS Cloud Formation configurations)
- Experience with test automation frameworks for unit, acceptance tests, and UI testing (e.g., Selenium).
- Ability to write or debug production-quality scripts in an acceptable scripting language (see list above) to facilitate production work
- Manage development systems like build server, code repository, etc.
- Experience with first-level diagnosis and debugging of problems that occur in production
Please send resume to [email protected].