Claritas Clinical Exome Deletion/Duplication Analysis
Claritas Genomics offers an add-on companion deletion/duplication analyses for its Claritas Clinical Exome and Region of Interest tests.
- An Agilent 2x400k™ custom oligonucleotide whole genome array covering 4089 genes with enhanced probe coverage on targeted genes
- The inter-probe spacing for exonic regions is typically 30-200 bp and the inter-probe spacing for intronic/UTR or intergenic regions is 3-70 kb.
- Each exon of the targeted genes is covered by at least 5 probes. For exons that are too small, probes are included in the flanking intronic regions (at least 500bp into the intron).
- This array is designed to detect CNVs as small as 500 bp. Clinical sensitivity, specificity, and reproducibility is 100% for CNVs larger than 5 kb.
- This assay does not detect balanced alterations (reciprocal translocations, Robertsonian translocations, inversions, and balanced insertions), low level mosaicism, sequence variants, methylation abnormalities, absence of heterozygosity, or uniparental disomy (UPD).
- Note that saliva is not an accepted sample type for deletion/duplication analyses.
Region of Interest Companion Deletion/Duplication Analysis
If a deletion/duplication analysis is ordered for a Region of Interest test, only those genes that are analyzed in the sequencing portion of the assay will be analyzed for copy number variants. The test codes for individual companion deletion/duplication analyses are listed below.
- Claritas Clinical Exome Deletion/Duplication Analysis: C0164 (CPT code 81228×1)
- Bone Marrow Failure Region of Interest Deletion/Duplication Analysis: C0974 (CPT code 81479×1)
- Nephrotic Syndrome Region of Interest Deletion/Duplication Analysis: C0573 (CPT code 81479×1)
- Pediatric Neurology Region of Interest Deletion/Duplication Analysis: C0598 (CPT code 81479×1)
- Primary Immunodeficiency Region of Interest Deletion/Duplication Analysis: C0892 (CPT code 81479×1)
- Expand ROI Deletion/Duplication Analysis to Claritas Clinical Exome Deletion/Duplication Analysis: C0796 (81228×1)